Todays post is in English. Please forgive me.
On 16th of November, Lightroom 1.3 has been released. The most important change in this version is the introduction of the Lightroom SDK. Currently it supports the development of Export plugins, which allows sending images directly from Lightroom to other imaging services like online galleries, image communities, remote servers or just the local disc.
Since the very first time I used the Lightroom application, I was longing for a way to export my images directly into the Gallery 2. The new SDK enabled me to do just that. Therefore I needed to accustom myself with the Lightroom SDK, the Lua Scripting Language and the Gallery Remote Protocol. Quite some work. The Lightroom SDK was the most complex part and I also want to thank the people in the #lua IRC channel over at freenode.
The features of the “Lightroom to Gallery Export Plugin” read as follows:
- Use all the know export options for image resizing, metadata, filename etc.
- Supports latest Gallery version
- Manages multiple servers
- Select appropriate albums as upload target
- Create gallery albums directly from Lightroom
- Internationalized (currently only English is supported)
Download the current version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lr-to-gallery/
Update 1 (v0.1.1):
- Enabled the plugin to show the target album in the browser after the upload
- Refined the GUI
- Added Status messages to the login process
- To strengthen the development of this plugin i have released it as an open source project. The new home of the plugin is therefore: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lr-to-gallery/. This means that everybody is able to participate now. Additional developers are very welcome as are people who are willing to fill bugs or provide general feedback.
- Speaking of feedback. Several people have reported problems when fetching the album list. I wasn’t able to reproduce these problems and therefore i need YOUR help. I’ll send you a special version of the plugin which logs the communication with the remote server. If you are willing to support the development, please contact me on moritzpost [at] gmx [.] de (this might be mac related so mac users… step up. )
Update 3 (v0.1.2)
- The problem when displaying the album list has been solved. Please visit the project website to get the latest version of the plugin.
Update 4 (v0.1.3)
Good news for all you Lightroom 2.x users. We have just released a new version of the Lightroom to Gallery plugin which solves several issues with the new Lightroom version. You are now able to upload you images directly into your Gallery2 installation from within Lightroom 2.x.
Thanks goes out to all the people who have raised issues about the last release and helped us to straighten out any glitches.
Also we have a new developer amongst our ranks. Lars Heller has provided valuable contributions to this release and we are very happy to welcome him as a new committer. Way to go Lars!
- Check album name when creating a new album
- Cleaned up GalleryRemoteProtocol a bit to remove redundant code
- Parameters sent to server are url encoded
- Added support for German and French language
To install the plugin simply place the folder, contained in the zip file, in your Lightroom root directory. To choose the Gallery upload facilities select it from the top right corder of the Export dialog (see screenshot to the right).
Feel free to experiment with the plugin to your likings. Feedback is greatly appreciated in the comments section of this post